Last Updated: 21 April 2021
MedicusView is an offering of Robas Research Private Limited (operating under the brand name “Robas Research” or as appropriate in this context, “we”, “us” or “our”, “Company”) respect the privacy of individuals visiting our website, (hereinafter referred to as the “Website”).
1.1 We are dedicated to maintain the privacy and confidentiality of your personal data. We take our obligations under the California Consumer Protection Act (“CCPA”) seriously. We do understand the value of your personal data and feel that it is our duty to adequately handle, secure and process your personal data and in this context we have designed this policy for the purpose of informing and providing you with an understanding of how we, our affiliates, subsidiaries and associated companies handle, collect, use, disclose, and deal with the Personal Data that you provide us.
1.2 This Policy extends to all personal data that you may supply to us and to the personal data we keep regarding you. If you do not agree, please avoid using the related website(s) and/or service(s) and do NOT supply us with any personal details.
2) Personal Data
2.1 For the purpose of this policy the term “Personal Data” shall mean any data through which an individual can be identified or from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access to. Hence depending upon the circumstances and nature of the transaction, the Personal Data that we collect from you may include the following:
- First and last names, email address, telephone number(s), and residential address.
- Business contact information, including, company name, job title, and department.
- Demographic data: data includes your age, gender, date of birth, and country
- Information on your employer or the company you represent.
- Information collected through automated means, including IP address, browser type, operating system, referring URLs, information on actions or activities taken or engaged on the Website, and dates and times of Website visits.
3) Means of collection
3.1 Information submitted or provided by you:
(a) Through or in connection with Company’s Website;
(b) Through or in connection with business meetings with actual or potential customers or clients;
(c) Through or in connection with promotions, meetings, events, and/or trade or industry shows or conferences sponsored by, hosted by, or attended by the Company; and
(d) Through telephone calls, email communications, and/or other forms of communication.
3.2 Information collected from third parties:
Company may collect information, including, personally identifiable information and business contact information, from third parties, including, information service bureaus, social media platforms, and/or industry conference or event organizers or sponsors. We may use the information collected from such third parties for various purposes, including, without limitation, sending you emails or other communications as described herein. In the event you receive such communications you will have the opportunity to opt-out of receiving any further communications from us.
4) Location data
4.1 We may request your permission to obtain location information from your mobile device. We may use your location information to offer you the option to participate in location-based surveys and market research, or to share such location data with third party clients to demonstrate certain location traffic patterns of participants, including but not limited to purchasing behavior based on locations visited.
4.2 We collect your location information for the above purposes with your consent. If you no longer wish to share your geo-location information with us, please change the privacy settings of your device.
5) Personal data obtained via automated means
- Our Websites may automatically gather and store certain information in log files, including, without limitation, data available from your web browser, including, IP address, browser type, internet service provider, referring/exiting pages, operating system, date/time stamp and click stream data.
- When you use the Website, we may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies and similar technologies. Cookies are small files that store certain data on a device. Cookies create a unique ID that is associated with your browser. Session cookies expire when you close your browser, whereas persistent cookies remain on your device until deleted or once they reach a defined expiration date.
- The information we collect via cookies and similar technologies may include information about your device, including, the device type and operating system, other applications on your device, network and Internet service provider, time zone, network status, browser type, referring/exiting pages, operating system, date/time stamp, click stream data, and unique identification numbers such as your device IP address, device unique identification number, or browser identifier.
- We use this information to improve the Website and our services by assessing how many users access or use the Website, which content, products, and features of our website most interest our visitors, what types of offers our customers like to see, and how our service performs from a technical point of view.
- First party and third party cookies and other similar or related technology and device identifiers may be placed, written, set, and/or read for several purposes including, without limitation, to provide a better survey experience, quality control, validation, to enable or facilitate survey participation, tracking of completed surveys or other completed actions, for fraud detection and/or prevention, online advertisements, effective research, website tracking and audience measurement, to develop audience insights and/or look-alike models in connection with marketing campaigns, and for the purpose of targeting advertisements and other content to individuals, subject to your consent where required by applicable law. However, for certain cookies and/or similar or related technology, if you decide not to accept cookies, you will not be able to use certain aspects of the Website or our services.
6) Personal data provided by third parties
We may obtain Personal Data, behavioral and/or demographic information from third parties, such as data management platforms, ad networks, information service bureaus, and sample suppliers. This collection may include, but is not limited to, age, gender, geography, location, mobile ad IDs.
7) Legal Bases for Processing Personal Data
7.1 To the extent those laws apply, our legal grounds for Processing Personal Data are as follows:
- To honor our contractual commitments to an individual: Some of our Processing of Personal Data is to meet our contractual obligations to the individuals to whom the Personal Data relate, or to take steps at their request in anticipation of entering into a contract with them.
- Consent:Where required by law, and in some other cases, we handle Personal Data on the basis of consent. For example, some of our direct marketing activities happen on the basis of opt-in consent, such as sending marketing emails to individuals who have requested them.
- Legitimate interests:In many cases, we handle Personal Data on the ground that it furthers our legitimate interests in commercial activities, such as the following, in ways that are not overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the affected individuals: customer support; marketing, including, in some cases, direct marketing such as via email; protecting our customers, users, personnel and property; analyzing and improving our business and service offerings; and managing legal issues. We may also process Personal Data for the same legitimate interests of our customers and business partners.
- Legal compliance:We need to use and disclose Personal Data in certain ways to comply with our legal obligations.
8) How we share your Personal Data
8.1 We may disclose the Personal Data we collect about you as described below or otherwise disclosed to you at the time the data is collected, including with:
- Our service providers who perform services and process Personal Data on our behalf.
- With a third party in connection with any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- As otherwise permitted pursuant to this Policy or (i) if we are required to disclose Personal Data about you by law or legal process, (ii) in response to a request from a court, law enforcement authorities, or government officials, or (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity.
9) Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides consumers (California Residents) with specific rights regarding their Person Data. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to excise those rights. You have the right to request that the Company disclose certain information including:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you in the last twelve months; the categories of sources of such information; the categories of personal information that we sold or disclosed about you for a business purpose; the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling your personal information; and the categories of third parties to whom we have “sold” or otherwise disclosed personal information for a business purpose.
- Provide access to and/or a copy of certain information we hold about you.
- Delete certain information we have about you.
Certain information is exempt from such requests under applicable law. You also may have the right to receive information about the financial incentives that we offer to you (if any). You also have certain rights under the CCPA not to be subject to certain negative consequences for exercising CCPA rights.
We will take steps to verify your identity before responding to your request, which may include requesting that you respond to an email that we send to you, or otherwise verifying your name, email address or other information that will help us to confirm your identity.
If you are an agent making a request on behalf of a consumer, you must verify that you are authorized to make that request, which may include requiring you to provide us with written proof that satisfies CCPA requirements, such as an appropriate letter signed by the consumer or a power of attorney. We also may require the consumer to verify their identity directly with us.
10) CCPA “sale” of California Personal Data
10.1 You have the right to direct us nit to sell your Personal Data at any time (the “right to opt-out”). Consumers who opt-in to the sale of Personal Data may opt-out of further sales at any time. To exercise the rights to opt-out, you (or your authorized representatives) may submit a request to us by clicking here: Do not sell my personal data. Once you make an opt-out request, we will wait for at least twelve (12) months before asking you to reauthorize personal data sales. However, you may change your mind and opt back in to personal data sales at any time. You do not need to create an account with us to excise your opt-out rights. We will only use Personal Data provided in an opt-out request to review and comply with the request.
11) Data security and data retention
We maintain appropriate technical, administrative, and physical safeguards to protect Personal Data and other information disclosed or collected by us against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. We review, monitor, and evaluate our privacy practices and protection systems on a regular basis.
We also take measures to delete your Personal Data or keep it in a form that does not permit identifying you when this information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which we process it, unless we are required by law to keep this information for a longer period. When determining the retention period, we take into account various criteria, such as the type of products and services requested by or provided to you, the nature and length of our relationship with you, possible re-enrolment with our products or services, the impact on the services we provide to you if we delete some information from or about you, mandatory retention periods provided by law and the statute of limitations.
12) Data transfers
Your Personal Data may be transferred to recipients in countries other than the country where you are located. These countries may not have the same data protection laws as your country. When we transfer your Personal Data to other countries, we will protect that information as described in this Policy or as disclosed to you at the time of the collection.
If you are located in the European Economic Area or Switzerland, we comply with applicable legal requirements providing adequate safeguards for the transfer of Personal Data to third countries.
13) No children
The service is not designed for, or intended for use by, any individual under the age of 16 We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under the age of 16, and if we became aware that we have inadvertently collected Personal Data from a child under the age of 16, we will undertake reasonable commercial efforts to delete such Personal Data.
14) Updates to this policy
This Policy may be updated periodically to reflect changes in our Personal Data practices. We will post a prominent notice on relevant websites to notify you of any significant changes to our Policy and indicate at the top of the Policy when it was most recently updated. If we update our Policy, in certain circumstances, we may seek your consent.
15 How to contact us
How to contact us ?
If you would like to exercise one of your rights as set out above, or you have a question or a complaint about this policy, the way your personal information is processed, please contact us by one of the following means:
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By post: #111, `Shreshta Bumi’, No. 87, K R Road, Shankarapuram, Bengaluru, Karnataka – 560004, India
Robas Research Private Limited