Last Updated: 21 April 2021
Throughout this document we refer to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 and any legislation implemented in connection with the General Data Protection Regulation which is the governing legislation that regulates data protection across the EEA. This includes any replacement legislation coming into effect from time to time.
MedicusView is a proprietary offering of Robas Research which consists of medical panels that include Physicians, AHPs, Nurses, Laboratory Personnel, Pharmacy Personnel and Patient / Consumers. MedicusView specializes in custom community building for specific requirements of targeting audience based on client needs for concept testing, Price evaluation, Consultation and Speaker recruitment.
For the purpose of this policy personal data is defined as per the General Data Protection Regulation i.e., any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly. In particular by reference to an identifier such as name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or one or more factors specific to the identity of that person. In this context, the name, e-mail address, phone number, IP address and your location would be considered as your personal information.
During the course of your visit on our website and the duration of your association with us, you would be solely responsible for providing us with your accurate personal information as we would be relying on such information to render you with the services and maintain records of your data.
When do we collect your Information?
In order to be able to provide you with the services, we collect your information on our platform during the following instances:
- At the time of your registration to create an account with us. During the registration process, you are required to enter your valid e-mail ID for us to be able communicate with you in future. Along with this we also collect your password, full name and your phone number.
- When you are updating your details on our website
- While you send us e-mail’s
- When you post on any of our website’s online forums to review and provide us with feedback
- When you enquire with us about any services by reaching out to us on our “contact us” page.
- While subscribing to our newsletters
- While representing your organization.
- When you take part in our customized surveys.
The second instance where we may collect your information is when you visit our website. We may collect, track or aggregate information about you based on the cookies deployed on your browsers or by way of web beacons. The collection of information shall also include your IP address, operating system and browsing software, tracking the duration of your visit, pages clicked on, time of your visit and any other activity that you conduct on our website.
Information we collect about you:
We only collect such information that is required from us to provide you with the services on our platform. The type of information that we will collect on you, and you voluntarily provide to us on this website includes:
- Your full name (including first and last name)
- Telephone number(s)
- Residential Address
- Email address
- Information collected through automated means, including IP address, browser type, operating system, referring URLs, information on actions or activities taken or engaged on the website, and dates and times of website visits.
- User location
- Business contact information, including, company name, job title, and department.
We may, in further dealings with you, extend this information to include your address, services used, and subscriptions, records of conversations and agreements and payment transactions.
We may also receive information about you when you access your account via third party sites such as Facebook or through other website through which we have provided a third party extension.
The legal basis for processing your data is based on your consent and our legitimate interest that we will have requested at the point the information was initially provided, therefore we will not store, process or transfer your data outside the parties detailed above unless we have an appropriate lawful reason to do so.
Personal data obtained through automated means:
- Our website may automatically gather and store certain information in log files, including, without limitation, data available from your web browser, including, IP address, browser type, internet service provider, referring/exiting pages, operating system, date/time stamp and click stream data.
- When you use the website, we may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies and similar technologies. Cookies are small files that store certain data on a device. Cookies create a unique ID that is associated with your browser. Session cookies expire when you close your browser, whereas persistent cookies remain on your device until deleted or once they reach a defined expiration date.
- The information we collect via cookies and similar technologies may include information about your device, including, the device type and operating system, other applications on your device, network and Internet service provider, time zone, network status, browser type, referring/exiting pages, operating system, date/time stamp, click stream data, and unique identification numbers such as your device IP address, device unique identification number, or browser identifier.
- We use this information to improve the website and our services by assessing how many users access or use the website, which content, products, and features of our website most interest our visitors, what types of offers our customers like to see, and how our service performs from a technical point of view.
- First party and third party cookies and other similar or related technology and device identifiers may be placed, written, set, and/or read for several purposes including, without limitation, to provide a better survey experience, quality control, validation, to enable or facilitate survey participation, tracking of completed surveys or other completed actions, for fraud detection and/or prevention, online advertisements, effective research, website tracking and audience measurement, to develop audience insights and/or look-alike models in connection with marketing campaigns, and for the purpose of targeting advertisements and other content to individuals, subject to your consent where required by applicable law. However, for certain cookies and/or similar or related technology, if you decide not to accept cookies, you will not be able to use certain aspects of the website or our services.
Personal Data provided by third parties:
We may obtain Personal Data, behavioral and/or demographic information from third parties, such as data management platforms, ad networks, information service bureaus, and sample suppliers. This collection may include, but is not limited to, age, gender, geography, location, mobile ad IDs
How we use your information:
- To contact you, following your enquiry, reply to any questions, suggestions, issues or complaints you have contacted us about;
- Make available our products and services to you;
- Take payment from you or give you a refund;
- For statistical analysis and to get feedback from you about our products, websites, mobile apps, and other services and activities. For example, occasionally we may invite you to review a service you’ve bought or used from us. If we do, it’s possible that we’ll use independent research and feedback providers to act on our behalf;
- To power our security measures and services so you can safely access our website;
- Help us understand more about you as a customer, the products and services you consume, so we can serve you better;
- Contact you about products and services from us;
- Provide you with online advertising and promotions;
- To share the information with the tutors assigned to you as a part of the service offering chosen.
- For verification of your identity
- For complying with legal and regulatory Authorities
To whom we might share your information with?
In case if we share your information to any third party and in most cases such third parties being our vendors then we do so by having data processing contracts with them in place. This means that the third parties with whom your data would be shares are acting based on our instructions and are not acting in their independent capacity. These data processors cannot share your information with anyone apart from us. They will hold it securely and retain it for the period we instruct. In some circumstances we are legally obliged to share information. For example under a court order or where we cooperate with other European supervisory authorities in handling complaints or investigations. We might also share information with other regulatory bodies in order to further their, or our, objectives. In any scenario, we’ll satisfy ourselves that we have a lawful basis on which to share the information and document our decision making and satisfy ourselves we have a legal basis on which to share the information.
We may provide your personally identifiable information and other ancillary information to our parent company located in India for processing such information on our behalf. In case of any such transfer we would comply with Article 47 of the GDPR.
How we keep you updated on our products and services ?
We will send you relevant offers and news about our products and services in a number of ways including by email, but only if you have previously consented to receive these marketing communications. When you register with us we will ask if you would like to receive marketing communications, and you can change your marketing choices online, over the phone or in writing at any time.
If you wish to amend your marketing preferences, you can do so by opting out of receiving the communications. This can be done by sending a request mail to email@example.com
Your rights over your information
Right to Access Your Personal Information
You have the right to access the personal information that we hold about you in many circumstances, by making a request. This is sometimes termed ‘Subject Access Request’. If we agree that we are obliged to provide personal information to you (or someone else on your behalf), we will provide it to you or them free of charge and aim to do so within 30 days from when your identity has been confirmed.
We would ask for proof of identity and sufficient information about your interactions with us that we can locate your personal information. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us as set out below.
Right to Correction Your Personal Information
If any of the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or out of date, you may ask us to correct it.
If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us as set out below.
Right to Stop or Limit Our Processing of Your Data
You have the right to object to us processing your personal information if we are not entitled to use it any more, to have your information deleted if we are keeping it too long or have its processing restricted in certain circumstances.
If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us as set out below.
How long do we keep your information for ?
We retain a record of your personal information in order to provide you with a high quality and consistent service. We will always retain your personal information in accordance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation i.e., we shall never retain your information for longer than is necessary. Unless otherwise required by law, your data will be stored for a period of [2 years] after our last contact with you, at which point it will be deleted.
Data security is of great importance to Robas Research and to protect your data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure your collected data.
We take security measures to protect your information including:
- Limiting access to our buildings to those that we believe are entitled to be there (by use of passes, key card access and other related technologies);
- Implementing access controls to our information technology
- We use appropriate procedures and technical security measures (including strict encryption, anonymisation and archiving techniques) to safeguard your information across all our computer systems, networks, websites, mobile apps, offices and stores.
- Never asking you for your passwords;
- Advising you never to enter your account number or password into an email or after following a link from an email.
Your Personal Data may be transferred to recipients in countries other than the country where you are located. These countries may not have the same data protection laws as your country. When we transfer your Personal Data to other countries, we will protect that information as described in this Policy or as disclosed to you at the time of the collection.
If you are located in the European Economic Area or Switzerland, we comply with applicable legal requirements providing adequate safeguards for the transfer of Personal Data to third countries.
How to contact us ?
If you would like to exercise one of your rights as set out above, or you have a question or a complaint about this policy, the way your personal information is processed, please contact us by one of the following means:
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By post: #111, `Shreshta Bumi’, No. 87, K R Road, Shankarapuram, Bengaluru, Karnataka – 560004, India
Robas Research Private Limited